We have upgraded our system to latest version of MyBB. We are very sorry for the downtime ! Read More.
Advertise Here | Remove Ads

Little history and interesting fact about Google !
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Technology Little history and interesting fact about Google !
[Image: attachment.php?aid=478]
Google is my favorite search engine and I believe that its the most popular search engine ! However, we everyday use Google for searching but many of us don't know some interesting information and history of Google. Lets check out them Big Grin
Google began in January 1996 as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin when they were both PhD students at Stanford University in Stanford, California
The domain name for Google was registered on September 15, 1997, and the company was incorporated on September 4, 1998

[Image: attachment.php?aid=479]
Google Founders :
  • Larry Page
  • Sergey Brin

Name :
The original name of Google was Backrub. Later the company change the name.
The name 'Google' is actually derived from the mathematical term 'googol' which is basically 10 to the hundredth power or 1 with a 100 zeros following it
Source : Live Science

Little Downtime:
On August 16, 2013, Google was not reachable for 5 minutes, in that time the global Internet usage was decreased by 40%.

Google wanted to sell the company:
Google wanted in 1997 to sell their search engine system to Yahoo for $ 2 million. Yahoo didn’t accept this offer. Later, Yahoo wanted to come back to this offer and offered 3 billion in 2002. This time Google didn’t accept the offer. Today Yahoo is much less valuable as Google. I bet they feel pretty stupid right now!

First Tweet from Google:
The first tweet from Google was: “I’m feeling lucky” in binary code

Google Rents Goats
As part of their green initiative, Google regularly rents goats to mow the lawns of their mountain view HQ

Interesting way to hire employee

Google uses a web tool called foo.bar to recruit new employees based on what they search for online
If Google sees that you're searching for specific programming terms such as Python, they might just ask you to apply for a job.
Most of the time Google doesn't care about certificates ! Even nearly 13% Google employee didn't completed their college education !

Parent Organization:
Alphabet Inc. is the parent organization of Google.

Extinction
The PageRank algorithm can not only rank pages for search engines but the exact same algorithm can be used to determine which species are about to go extinct.
Basically, a “back link” is similar to “species that another species can eat to survive.” The more “back links” in this sense that a species has, the more likely it is to NOT go extinct. Interesting.
Read details about this on  : BBC News

Some more interesting facts...
  • Larry and Sergey's private planes have runways in NASA, where no other planes are allowed to land
  • Google owns common misspellings of its own name as well, such as http://www.gooogle.com, http://www.gogle.com, and http://www.googlr.com
  • If you will visit com.google it will load the Google homepage.
  • Google employees in the US get death benefits which guarantee that the surviving spouse will receive 50% of their salary every year for the next decade
  • No part of a Google office is allowed to be more than 150 feet away from some kind of food
  • There's a rotated version of Google known as 'Google Mirror', which shows everything in a mirrored avatar. Try that here : http://elgoog.im/

[Image: attachment.php?aid=480]
First Google Doodle

Did I miss any other interesting thing about Google ? If yes share that here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: FCgKq6Jl.png]

I just knew that Google is the best search engine and everybody use this. But I didn't know these thing before. Just have curios where the got the idea to use goat to mow the lawns !! Wink
However, thanks for sharing.

That's awesome, I have more interested on your little history. I hope that your little history will help others to understand your stand on your little history.

i do not have much information about google but i know is all google is the best search engine of all time.

google that name is enough for a meaning , this is the best search engine i ever see , and in my country INDIA People use the google more that the google expect and search in google is now so much easier than before . now that company make a phone called google pixel is the best stock android smart phone in the world .