We have upgraded our system to latest version of MyBB. We are very sorry for the downtime ! Read More.
Advertise Here | Remove Ads

How to Organize thoughts in Writing an Article
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

General Article  How to Organize thoughts in Writing an Article
My first day as a member in FFU was remarkable. I was too excited on a lot of thing of course part of it is I can earn through posting comments and postings important concerns that will benefits not just me but to everyone especially. But what catches my attention and curiosity the most is the Article Writing announcement that stated everyone is encouraged to write an article or tutorial which of course leads to a more FFU coins than posting comments. From then on, I wondered everyday of what is the best article topic to write? Will it be beneficial to everyone here? Will it be good enough to catch attention to everyone to even browse if not read? And most of all, how will I start?

Few days have passed but can't able to think of what topic will I choose and now finally I've come to decide the topic that I should write. While organizing my thoughts, I really do hope that everyone will benefit this. And here it goes...

How to Organize Thoughts in Writing Article

1. Brainstorm 

Think of possible topics that comes in your mind. List everything that comes in your thoughts. You may start topics from personal experiences, personal point of views, personal problems, as based on theoretical point of view, a person can relate and able to discuss well if it is related to personal aspects. Before we start to tackle anything, we should start first on personal matters.
      Once you are done with the personal aspects, next best topics to touch is your observations to your inner environment. It could be from your family, friends, relatives, and even your neighbors.
      After you've done searching topics about your inner environment, your next target is your community as a whole. It may start from your street, to your zone, to your barangay, to your municipality or city, to your province, to your neighboring provinces, up to your country, then neighboring countries, and lastly to the world.
      Now you are ready for the next step.

2. Categorize  the Topics

In categorizing your topics, you must think of its relevance. From topics that needs to address immediately to topics that can be address later or may not be address at all. It means, your topics must be categorized from simple to complex. After you categorized the topics from simple to complex, choose now the topics of your interest from your extreme interest to just catch your interest. Once you're done the top 1 extreme interest will be your topic. Since you have now your topic, move to the next part.

3. Research your topic

As you need to have more related literature to spice your topic, expound it though research.  Search for a related sources that can be helpful in your discussion. You may also combine the different ideas from the related sources or references. Search as many as you can, then summarize the common ideas and different ideas. From then you may start your rough draft. 

4. Organizing Ideas

It has always had the following three parts when we write. 

a. Introduction
            You can introduce your topic through questions, asking its definition, its importance or relevance or significance. You can also write catchy quote that relates your topic .Or you can simply introduce you topic through simple yet relevant appealing paragraph that can easily be link to your topic and most especially the lines that catch the readers' attention.

b. Body
            If your introduction starts with a questions then the body will be the answers to your questions. You simply add more elaborated explanations to it. But if you start with a quotation  that is related to your topic or simple appealing lines that easily link to the topic, then discuss your topic well. For the body of the composition writing or article contains everything, it is the topic as a whole. It highlights the relevance and contents of  your topic.

c. Conclusions / Recommendations
            From what you discussed on your topic, this is the last part. Your summary. It is where you give your insights,conclusions, or recommendations. It is simply the brief summary of your discussion.

5. Review, Revise, Re-enhance
          Review with what you have written. Look for errors on spelling and grammar specially. Revise the thoughts or ideas if necessary. Re-enhance the concept if you think there is lacking. Once you are finished then, that's it- submit! Fin!

Note: As you do your writing, always remember; consider who your audience are and who your readers will be. For the beneficiary of your thoughts and the reason why you compose the article is your READERS anyway ^_^ Have fun writing!

Thanks for explaining that in detail it will help us all to do well. Many a times i have ideas to post but ii forgot later, so i will now note them down.

thanks for writing this a long for us and explaining it so well, i hope many of the members will get benefit from it thanks

(11-02-2017, 11:18 AM)SUPERSINGH Wrote: Thanks for explaining that in detail it will help us all to do well. Many a times i have ideas to post but ii forgot later, so i will now note them down.

Thanks for appreciating this simple article, I just hope it is really useful.

(11-06-2017, 08:26 PM)nidoo Wrote: thanks for writing this a long for us and explaining it so well, i hope many of the members will get benefit from it thanks

I really hope so too. If not that useful, at least can be applicable in some ways. ^_^
This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 06:22 PM by malot12.

I used to be good in writing articles but maybe due to lack of practice, I guess I have to retrain myself. Organizing the contents of the article is one of the ways in coming up with a good read. What I did before was to list down all the points that I had thought of relating to the planned article. And when the list can constitute a substantial article then I evaluate the list for the proper sequence. In the process, some points are deleted and some are added. That sequence list is for making the writing of the article easier.