We have upgraded our system to latest version of MyBB. We are very sorry for the downtime ! Read More.
Advertise Here | Remove Ads

GIMP?
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GIMP?
GIMP seems to be replacing the photoshop now for the people who can't afford the highly expensive software. So I wonder how many of you have tried the GIMP application. Do you find GIMP useful for everyday graphics requirement? Have you tried using the GIMP for workplace graphics needs?

I have try gimp but I think photoshop cs 6 is more better than him .

Yes photoshop will always be superior than the GIMMP. But I am only using photoshop CS 4. not yet upgraded to any new version.

Because I can not afford subcreibing adobe product. I have just installed CC trial version and came to know it needs to pay after 7 days.
So, I am sure I can not.

GIMP is still unknown about the tools. I can not get it..

Is there any adobe illustrator version I can get paying once....?

GIMP can and may replace photoshop in some areas, although photoshop still have features that GIMP is still missing. In my opinion though in terms of photo-manipulation and image creation, GIMP would match Photoshop, however, in terms of user-friendliness and user support I think GIMP is still lacking somethings there. But I personally use GIMP given that I am using a linux machine, but professionally I have been using Photoshop because it's what most companies would provide.

Of course photoshop is better. There is no question about that. But Gimp is enough for everyday editing in my opinion. Not everyone can afford PS so I do think that Gimp is a really good freeware alternative!

GIMP can't completely replace photoshop, though it may have similar tools, but the outcome and quality of the two softwares are probably different. GIMP is a free software where as photoshop is not, and one can easily get GIMP and use for daily editing the likes. But for professional work, photoshop is best as it has gained more acceptance than GIMP.

I have GIMP on my system but I don't use it much.